Wait til you see what we do next..
- 3/4 cup water, hot (110 degrees)
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup spent grain
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dozen sun gold cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 big pieces of fresh basil, chopped
- a handful of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Combine the water with the honey and yeast and let sit for 5 minutes or so until it starts to bubble up. And in the oil. Mix the flour with the grain and salt and then add to the wet ingredients. Knead for 5-10 minutes until it is pliable and like dough. Put in an oiled bowl and let it rise for an hour. Punch down, cut in half, and make two personal pan sized pizzas.
Roll out into a pizza shape, with a rolled up crust. Spread olive oil on the crust. Add cheese, basil leaves, tomatoes, and salt and pepper.
Cook at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly and a golden crust bottom.
Or you can make one with tomato sauce…