I had a day off so I slow roasted the overflowing plum tomatoes.
It makes your house smell divine.
I put a bunch in the freezer to prepare for winter, but I also put them on these flatbread pizzas..
- best place to buy viagra online reviews
- buy viagra cialis online canada
- can i buy viagra online with a prescription
- buy non prescription viagra online
- lots and lots of plum or Roma tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- a whole sprig of rosemary
- a few whole sprigs of thyme
- a few garlic cloves, with paper skins on still
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups flour, plus a little more for kneading
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup very warm water
- 1 drizzle honey
- olive oil
- toppings: cheese, herbs, tomatoes
Slow roast the tomatoes. Toss them in oil and season with salt and pepper. Put cut side down on a baking sheet with the garlic and herbs and into a 200 degree oven for 2-3 hours. They will make your house smell wonderful and should blister and be soft when done.
Let them cool down before putting into small containers and freezing for the winter.
Make the flatbread. Mix the water, yeast, and honey together and let sit for 5-10 minutes until it starts to foam up a little. Mix in one cup of flour and the salt, and then mix in the rest of the flour, until the dough gets formed. Turn out onto a well floured surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until it gets elastic, like dough. Put into a greased bowl, cover and let sit for an hour. Punch out, cut into 4 pieces, and then roll out into long thin pieces.
Brush the top of the flatbread with oil, and then put onto a medium hot grill for 5 minutes, until you get marks on the dough. Sprinkle the grilled side with cheese, roasted tomatoes and some fresh basil. Slide it back onto the grill for another 5 minutes.
Then you can eat it. Or, you can eat two of them..