I love roast beef. I love making roast beef. AND I love cold leftover roast beef.. This is a good recipe from the Hungry Mouse.
Apples left from the MasterChef Mystery Box. The remains of a beef roast.. And a basil mustard dressing. All fit nicely in spring roll wrappers. Most things do really..
- 4 cups thinly sliced roast beef and diced apple and vegetables (radish, yellow pepper, kale)
- 1 tablespoon fancy vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard (Webers!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 6 rice paper wrappers
Make the dressing by mixing the vinegar, basil, and mustard. Then mix in the oil. Pour it over the stuffing and mix in. Wet the wrappers for 30 seconds in water. I use a plate of water. Three things that are important when stuffing them-
- Dress, mix, and then stuff, so the stuffing is evenly flavored.
- Don’t over-stuff them. About two large spoonfuls is enough (or about 2/3 cup each).
- Wet the wrapper and then hold it in your hand until it gets slightly sticky, then stuff it.
- Pile everything in the center, fold in the sides, then the bottom rolls over the top. You want it packed tightly but not enough to tear..
Perfect for work lunches!