Mashed potatoes (and cauliflower) on a pizza might be better than cheese..
Well, of course you can have both.
And leftover Herb Crusted Pork, and apples from apple picking..
This is Fall on a plate..
- some pizza dough, store bought or home made
- leftover mashed potatoes (with gravy from leftover Mustard Beef Stew)
- a handful of shredded cheese (sharp cheddar!)
- 1 apple, cut into thin slices
- leftover Herb Crusted Pork, cut into thin slices
- some fresh basil
Roll out the dough and put it on a greased cookie sheet. I like to do 1/2 at a time to make these little personal sized pizzas. Spread on some leftover mashed potatoes, sprinkle with cheese, place apple slices and pork on top, season really well, and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the toppings are bubbling and the crust is browned.
Sprinkle with some fresh herbs and enjoy!
Mashed potatoes on a pizza.