Alas, I did some red onion pickling, and they were so good that we ate them so quickly.
Enter, the leftover pickling juice.
I put hard boiled eggs in there for a few days and then chopped them up and put them in salads, quinoa bowls, and this amazing egg salad snack.
Also, the egg slicer kitchen tool is my favorite. I used it to dice the egg, and then dice the string cheese, cutting it into thirds and rotating it after every slice.
- 1 pink pickled egg, diced
- 1 string cheese. diced
- a small amount of diced cucumber
- a small amount of rye sauerkraut I had, diced
- a bit of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small squirt of mustard (1 tsp?)
- 1 packet of hot sauce (1 tsp?)
- salt and pepper
Mix it all up and put on some toast. So good.
Wait til you see what I do with the mushrooms that I dropped into the leftover (again) pickling juice with soy sauce..