A citrus beet dressing..
We put homemade pickled beets in our Bloody Marys, and the leftovers are great in salads. Using the pickled liquid in a dressing creates a bright pink vinaigrette.
Also, all those holiday clementines.. I used them as a base before they went bad and then scooped out the flesh for the salad.
Bright and tart and wonderfully creepy pink.
- 1/3 cup clementine juice, or the juice of 4 clementines
- 1/4 cup pickled beet juice
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or whatever good vinegar you have)
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 large shallot. minced
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
Mix everything together in a bell jar and shake it shake it shake it. Then add salt and pepper and pour over the salad. Keep the rest in the fridge.
Adapted from Bon Appetit’s Citrus Vinaigrette.
So pink.. Wonderfully pink.