All we had was almond milk.. and some imitation crab waiting to be used up.
I mean, I forgot to really measure anything this day.
But you get the idea.
- 2 oz imitation crab flakes
- 1 cup cooked pasta, and some reserved pasta water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle of cumin, garam masala, turmeric, etc.
- almond milk (1/2 cup?)
- a little chopped onion, bell peppers, etc.
- garnishes- sesame seeds, cilantro, tzatziki, etc
Cook the pasta al dente but save some of the cooking water. I like spiral pasta like cavateppi.
Start with the oil in a medium hot pan and add the spices- a sprinkle of cumin, a sprinkle of garam masala, maybe a little chili powder. Add the onion and pepper and let it all cook in for a few minutes. Then add the milk and cook for a good 5 minutes at a simmer until it cooks down a bit. Then add in the pasta and turn down to medium low. Stir. After a few minutes, fold in the crab, season well, and plate. Garnish with good things.
Makes 1 portion but it is easily repeatable..