This is my favorite thing to do with the shredded carcass meat after you make the stock from a full chicken.
So much left that you should not ignore..
- 2 tbsp oil
- sprinkle of curry powder
- sprinkle of smoked paprika
- sprinkle of garam masala
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4-6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- any leftover vegetables you have (like cauliflower florets)
- 6-8 roma tomatoes (even if they are frozen)
- 1 cup of chopped chicken
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
Heat the oil up in a medium hot pot. Sprinkle in the curry, paprika, and garam masala and cook up for a minute or two. Add in the onion, mushrooms, random vegetables, and tomatoes. Cook down for 5 minutes or so, until they are translucent and starting to brown.
Then add in the stock and water and bring to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, tasting it and seasoning to taste.
You know, then eat it.
It will warm up your insides..