Arugula, asparagus, chard, and a ginger vinegar vinaigrette… Great with the barbeque pork strata.
It really is spring.
Especially when adding a lot of cilantro after cutting it back in the garden.
- 2 cups chard, chopped and packed
- 3 cups arugula, packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped and packed
- 1 pound of asparagus, cut into three pieces
- 1 part ginger vinegar (1 tablespoon?)
- 2 parts olive oil (2 tablespoons?)
- 1 tiny drizzle of sesame oil (1/2 teaspoon?)
- 1 big spoonful of marinated shallots (1/2 tablespoon?)
- 1 big squirt of Dijon mustard (1 teaspoon?)
Drizzle a little olive oil over the asparagus and add some seasonings, toss and put into a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes until just tender but still crisp. Let cool down a little until warm but no longer piping hot.
Mix the chard, arugula, cilantro, and asparagus. Mix the vinegar, shallots, mustard, and some seasonings. Then drizzle in the mustard and whisk like mad (or shake rigorously).
Drizzle over the salad and toss.
And eat it while still a little warm…
Leftover vinaigrette? Wait til you see what we do with it.