The great thing about meatloaf is that you can get right in there and mix it with your hands.
Throw in whatever you have lying around before it goes bad. We had a bit of onion, a half can of black beans, a box of cheap stuffing, and some fresh cilantro. Oh, and potato chips…
I’ll never scoff at meatloaf again.
- 1/2 pound of ground meat, defrosted (if frozen)
- 1 box of store bought stuffing
- 1/2 can of black beans
- diced onion (a quarter of one left?)
- 2 eggs
- 1 big handful of fresh cilantro
- 4 slices of tomato
- leftover potato chips, 1/3 cup
Saute up the onion and make the stuffing according to the box. Then put them in a bowl with the raw beef, chopped cilantro, black beans, salt and pepper, and eggs.
Mix it up real good (with your hands!), and put into a greased dish. Top with crushed chips and tomato slices. Put it into a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and then eat it.
All of it.